2. What are the most common causes of battery failure?
- Positive grid corrosion. (This is a natural occurrence over time, however it is accelerated by operating in an extremely hot climate or by overcharging. Overcharging can occur due to malfunction on the part of your vehicle’s electrical system.)
- Loss of electrolyte due to heat or overcharging
- Sulphation in storage
- Undercharging with voltages less than 13.8 volts
- Old age
- Physical damage due to vibration
Designed, developed and maintained by G&G