COMPETITION RULES for EXIDE / MIDAS, JULY – OCTOBER PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION RULES 2019
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by First National Battery (Proprietary) Limited and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or valid South African driver’s license or a valid Passport with the endorsed residence permit (“Participant/s/Entrant/s”), except any minor, or employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by First National Battery and Midas – or its agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies. (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
4. By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 15 June 2019 and ends 15 September 2019 both days inclusive.
6. The prizes (“Prizes”) includes the following:
a. 10 x R10 000 (ten thousand rand) cash prizes to be won;
7. To stand a chance of winning any of the Prizes listed in clause 6 Participants must purchase any Exide Battery from a Midas store (“Participating Product”);
a. Dial *45355 from a registered prepaid cellphone and submit the following details;
i. Your name and surname
ii. The name of your Midas store
iii. Exide battery part number
iv. Till slip number.
(hereinafter referred to as an “Entry”). One entry per till slip number.
b. Entries cost R1 (one rand) per SMS entry.
c. For clarity, a registered cellphone number is one that has been RICA’d and registered in the name of a Participant;
d. Please remember to retain your till slip as proof of purchase.
8. Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish over the Competition period, provided that Participants complete the Competition entry steps set out in Rule 7 above each time.
9. All Prize Winners will be determined by random automatic selection draw on the following draw dates: The Prizes draw will take place on the by no later than the 15th of October 2019.
The competition winner will have 5 working days to claim acceptance of his/her prize and the receipt thereof will be subject to age verification and citizenship. Upon failure to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner in accordance with the terms stipulated herein.
The winners will be notified telephonically or via SMS on or before the 30th October 2019 on the mobile number they entered this competition with. Delivery will be arranged by the Promoter upon receiving valid verification. Delivery can take up to 4 – 6 weeks depending on availability of the prizes from the prize sponsor and the geographical location in South Africa of the prize winner.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and entrant/s if they do not respond to a telephone call and SMS to them within 24 hours of notification thereof and in such even a randomly selected replacement entrant from the competition entries will be chosen.
In such circumstances, the replacement entrant shall be contacted by the Promoter by telephone and SMS as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to the Promoter in the manner set out in such e-mail.
In the event that the replacement entrant fails to respond to the Promoter as required then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if they were an original winner.
Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. The Promoter reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize/s offered herein, at its sole discretion.
The decision of the Promoter is final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
10. The Prizes are not transferable and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize.
11. In addition to any other the verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter may require the Prize Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a certified copy of their valid South African ID or Passport with their endorsed residence permit within 24 (twenty four) hours of being confirmed a Winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
12. No liability shall attach to the Promoter in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of any of the Prizes. The Promoter is not liable for any defects in the Prizes. Ownership of and risk in, and benefit attaching to, the Prizes will pass to the Winner immediately upon delivery.
13. The Promoter may require the Winners to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The Winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
14. Point of sale material is used to represent the Prizes for promotional illustrative purposes, and might differ from the actual Prizes awarded.
15. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
16. All Participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify Midas, the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and First National Battery (Propriety) Limited, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
17. All entrants that engage with the promotion information will not be shared with any third parties and are strictly kept with the Promoter. All Entrants will receive future communication from the Promoter and if the Entrant no longer wants to receive communication they can choose to Opt-out of the SMS and any other communication channels.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select Winners from the among all eligible entries received prior to the cancel.
19. By entering the competition all Participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law, and is not offered outside South Africa.
20. Competition entries are subject to the following conditions:
- All Entries from Disqualified Participants’ cell phone numbers will be rejected;
- No computer-based entries will be accepted;
21. RIGHT TO AMEND THIS POLICY
The Promoter reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any given time.